Note: Click here for special session on Fuzzy Relational Systems at IICAI-09
I am Bobby C. Granville Associate Professor in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences at Florida A&M University.
Also, I hold a courtesy professorship position in Computer Science at Florida State University to facilitate collaborative
research efforts. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from Florida State University (1998), Masters from Georgia
Institute of Technology (1975), and my Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics from Morris Brown College (1970). For
research, I am interested in fuzzy sets and other soft computing methodologies, natural language processing, knowledge
based systems, object-oriented processes, clinical & diagnostic computing, user interfaces/web tools, software engineering,
knowledge engineering, and artificial intelligence.
Granville, B. C. and Kohout, L. J., (2001), "Engineering a Front-End Prototype Using Computing With Words In Different BK-Product Fuzzy Relational Architectures." In: Proc. of Joint 9th IFSA World Congress and 20th NAFIPS '95, International Conference. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.|
Kohout, L. J., Granville, B. C., and Kim, E., "Granular Relational Computing with Semiotic Descriptors using BK-Products of Fuzzy Relations," published as a chapter in a book edited by Paul P. Wang, entitled "Computing With Words." Wiley book series on Intelligent Systems, Series editors J. Albus, A. Meystel, and L. Zadeh, John Wiley & Sons publishers, 2001, Chap. 4.
Granville, B. C. and Kohout, L. J., (1996), "Design of a front-end for the fuzzy medical decision support system Clinaid." In: Proc. of InterSymp '95, Internat. Conf. on Systems Research, Informatics and Cybernetics, G. E. Lasker, ed. Internat. Institute for Advanced Studies in System Research and Cybernetics
Granville, B. C. and Kohout, L. J., (1995). "An Intelligent Front-End for Relational Decision Support Architectures Based on BK-Products of Fuzzy Relations." In: Proc. of the 2nd Joint Conf. on Information Sciences (Sept. 28-Oct. 1, 1995, Wrightsville Beach, NC, USA), 1995, P. Wang, Ed., Duke University, pp. 605-608.
- CGS1160 Microcomputer Applications
- COP1215 Fundamentals of Programming (Pascal)
- COP1215 Fundamentals of Programming (C)
- COP1215 Fundamentals of Programming (C++)
- COP1215L Fundamentals of Programming Laboratory (Pascal)
- COP1215L Fundamentals of Programming Laboratory (C)
- COP1215L Fundamentals of Programming Laboratory(C++)
- CGS2120 Microcomputer Applications /Programming
- CIS3040 Information Systems In Organizations
- COP3110 FORTRAN Programming\Engineers
- COP3120 COBOL Programming LAB
- COP3221 C Programming\Engineers
- CIS4301 Systems Analysis & Design
- CIS4910 Systems Development Project
- CIS4932 Fuzzy Logic Systems Development/Project
- CIS5930 Programming Fuzzy Relational Mathematics